Aural States will be going to Bonnaroo (full schedule). In a stroke of divine providence, last week we were granted the vaunted media bracelet aka the blue glittery band of the Gods (or just artist access, free tix, A/C, free bottled water).
More specifically, it’s just me going. So here’s the coverage I have planned in my inhuman rampage to catch every artist possible in an aural gorging the likes of which have never been seen.
Any readers want to hear about an artist I don’t have penciled in? Feel free to suggest an artist I should check out in the comments, keeping in mind this is a festival setting and not a club.
I left out quite a few people I’ve seen before, like Gogol Bordello. I was thinking about injecting some levity in there with a trip to the comedy tent, but then it felt wrong to miss music for that. And Chris Rock is on the stage too so without further ado…my ungodly schedule thus far:
Thursday June 12
7:15-8:15PM – Grand Ole Party
8:30-9:00PM – MGMT
9:00-10:00PM – Weather Underground
10:00-11:00PM – Battles
11:30-12:45PM – Vampire Weekend
12:45-sleep – Porter-Batiste-Stoltz
Friday June 13
1:15-2:00PM – Jose Gonzalez
2:30-3:45PM- Tegan & Sara
3:45-5:00PM – Bluegrass All-Stars feat. Bela Fleck (!!!!!!)
5:00-6:30PM – Raconteurs
6:30-8:00PM – Willie Nelson
7:45-8:45PM – Chris Rock
9:00-11:30PM – Metallica
12:00-3:00AM – My Morning Jacket
Saturday June 14
1:30-2:45PM – Sharon Jones
2:45-4:00PM – Abigail Washburn
4:00-5:15PM – Mastodon
5:30-7:00PM – B.B. King
7:00-8:00PM – Iron & Wine
8:00-9:45PM – Kanye West
10:15-12:15AM – Pearl Jam
12:15-1:00AM – The Coup
1:00-3:00AM – Sigur Ros
Sunday June 15
1:30-2:45PM – Israel Vibration
3:00-4:00PM – Dirty-Dozen Brass Band
4:15-5:30PM – Aimee Mann
6:15-7:45PM – Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
8:45-11:30PM – Widespread Panic
- Bonnaroo 2008: Day 3 in ReviewAs I meandered over to the Which Stage to wait...
- Bonnaroo 2008: Day 2 in ReviewThough I’ve seen the Fiery Furnaces (Wiki) twice before, I...
- Bonnaroo 2008: Travelogue Part 1Exhaustion hasn’t quite set in yet. The drive from Baltimore...
- Bonnaroo 2008: Day 1 in ReviewSetting the atmosphere and general attitude of the festival, the...
- Bonnaroo 2008: Painstaking detailCovering a festival like Bonnaroo can be difficult to say...