I’ll be upfront – I know next to nothing about Metal. My boyfriend likes a bit of metal, so I can only recall names of CDs I see on our collective shelf. I can tell you what I like, but not really why. My credentials are next to none: I’ve seen Mastodon a handful of times. That’s it.
Anyway, from what little I know, early May is going to be pretty big for Metal lovers in Baltimore.
Meshuggah (Sweden) , Ministry (Chicago, Illinois) , Hemlock
Rams Head Live
Baroness (Savannah, Georgia), Converge (one of my personal favorites –A.S.), Genghis Tron, and The Red Chord
Pelican (Chicago/LA), Circa Survive, Thrice
Rams Head Live
(videos and such after the jump)
Meshuggah – New Millenium Cynide Christ (the boyfriend’s fav. Meshuggah song)
The whole song, with a youtube fanboy video can be seen/heard here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvPM9D4hws
Ministry – Jesus Built My HotRod
Baroness – Wanderlust
This is what happened in 2003 when Converge played the Ottobar:
- 4(artists)-for-1 Mostly Metal MondayDream Theater – Fatal Tragedy Dream Theater – Master of...
- 3-for-Tuesday – Spring into actionSome tracks sitting in my inbox, figured I’d proliferate them....
- Preview: Only Spot in Baltimore to Dance All Night (Aug. 7-Aug. 9)Tired of not finding a place to dance until dawn...
- Review- Walkmen, White Rabbits, the Subjects @ the Ottobar, BaltimoreIn short: The Subjects sit at the intersection of Arctic...
- Show Review: Justice at Sonar, Baltimore MD, take two…Baltimore tried its hardest to become Ibiza or Miami with...