- MP3: Pontiak – Suzerain from Sea Voids (2009)
- MP3: Vincent Black Shadow – Flash Roll from More Deeper (2008)
- MP3: Leprechaun Catering – Night In Amnesia from Kumquats, Lychees (2004)
- MP3: Caleb Stine – Two Mantras (Small Sur cover) from Baltimore Does Baltimore (2009)
- MP3: Benjy Ferree – Dog Killers! from Leaving the Nest (2006)
- MP3: Sick Sick Birds – Buildings from Heavy Manners (2009)
- MP3: Noble Lake – Ladies and Gentlemen from Heyday (2008)
- MP3: Height With Friends – Swiss Chard from Swiss Chard Vol. 1 (2009)
- MP3: Thrushes – Crystals from the forthcoming LP Night Falls (2010)
- MP3: True Womanhood – Magic Child from the Magic Child Single (2009)
- MP3: Lands & Peoples – Bad Habits
Teaser image to the right, proper flyer art coming from Nolen Strals of Post Typography/Double Dagger fame.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Aural States announces line-up, details for Aural States Fest II
December 11 2009 – Baltimore, MD – Baltimore-based music website Aural States (auralstates.com) is proud to announce Aural States Fest II, our second anniversary blow-out at Sonar Club Stage & the Talking Head on Saturday January 30th in Baltimore, MD. This will likely be the final year for Aural States to be based in Baltimore, and hence, the final Aural States Fest.
The line-up for this year includes a wide variety of acts from Baltimore and DC, crossing generational and genre boundaries:
Leprechaun Catering (www.myspace.com/leprechauncatering)
Vincent Black Shadow (www.myspace.com/vbskicksoutthejams)
Sick Weapons (www.myspace.com/sickweapons)
Office of Future Plans (J Robbins of Jawbox | www.myspace.com/officeoffutureplans)
Caleb Stine (www.myspace.com/calebstine)
Benjy Ferree (www.myspace.com/benjyferree)
Sick Sick Birds (www.myspace.com/sicksickbirds)
Noble Lake (www.myspace.com/noblelake)
Dustin Wong (www.myspace.com/dustinclarence)
Height With Friends (www.myspace.com/height)
True Womanhood (www.myspace.com/truewomanhood)
Lands & Peoples (www.myspace.com/landsandpeoples)
Ami Dang (www.myspace.com/amritakd)
Liveshitbingepurge (Newagehillbilly, Decapitated Hed, and Pawly Walnutz | mt6records.com)
Stay tuned for additional line-up announcements in the coming weeks.
Like last year, early arrivals with ticket stubs will be rewarded with a limited-supply of generous grab-bags filled with CDs and merchandise from (mostly) local artists and businesses, including Atomic Books, Video Americain, Baltimore Jazz Alliance, Thrill Jockey, Natty Paint, and many more.
This year we are proud to team up with our younger regional cousin Bmore Musically Informed (bmoremusic.net) to present our festival as Night 2 of the “Blogtimore PWNS” weekend. Night 1 takes place Friday January 29th, when a combination of Aural States Fest alums (Arbouretum, Wye Oak, Sri Aurobindo) and fresh local talent (Weekends, the Violet Hour) will play the last show ever at the G-Spot.
Tickets for Night 1 are $10ADV/$12DOS and available through missiontix.com. Tickets for Night 2 are $15 and available through sonarbaltimore.com. A limited supply of 50 double-header tickets are available for a discounted rate of $20 through (sonarbaltimore.com and missiontix), and will guarantee access to both nights.