All photos and words courtesy of our in-house photog Caleb Moore!
Love of my life. Dastardly deamon of colors, body odor, and DIY artstuffs. Shitstorm of creativity and inspiration. A mistress after my own heart, and many many others.
I want you to know I will be bringing many friends to share your scarred, beautiful body. We will feast on it.
You’ve taught me so many things in my one short year as your humble resident. I don’t know where to begin. This was a truly epic, exhausting weekend for all; Whartscape being a most inspiring cavalcade of electronic wizardry, acoustical sublimation, and performance arting.
This is an event that makes dealing with your less attractive qualities ALL WORTH IT. This is why you are being seen (for better or worse) as a mecca of art and music, right under NYC! A cheap, dirty, violent, spastic mutation of your aforementioned big brother.
Whartscape is a culmination of the spirit, energy and honest artistic effort that you are becoming known for.
I just wanted to say thanks for everything, and fuck the police.
TO THE READER:
Miscellaneous Items of Interest (in no particular order):
- Where did all of these attractive people come from? Where are you all hiding? (I’m talking to you, girl with the red patent leather fanny pack and checkered ray bans)
- Greg Gillis’ side project– Why, Why, Why is that girl in the band? What did she do exactly? Play off beat on purpose and “sing”? Whose girlfriend is this? Am I supposed to be asking these questions? Is that all a part of the master plan?
- Ray bans are getting a bit out of control in this town. For that reason, I will cry a single tear.
- EAR PWR will save the free world.
- Beach House has saved my soul. And they are the cutest band alive.
- That kid with the rash on his arms and the crazy eyes. I don’t want to say anything else because he might actually be special.
- Double Dagger– while throwing a tom into the crowd might seem like a good in the heat of the moment, the kid that got hit in the head with it will likely disagree. Control the rage, or instantly lose the respect of potential fans. Ed. Note: Actually, I am pretty sure I saw the big guy after the set and he seemed damn happy to meet Double Dagger. The bleeding head just seemed to irritate him. I could be wrong though…
- Ed Schrader should always wear a leotard.
- Narwhalz (of sound). The hater that we loved to hate love. Please come back and talk more shit about our town, you kicked so much ass.
- There’s NOTHING gay about interpretive dancing.
- Why is White Williams such an ambivalent hard ass (see below)? And since when does he play droney electronic ambiance?
- Baltimore is SMALL. I mean SMALL. Don’t make enemies here.
- Chruches get really dank and sticky when you cram 300+ hipsters into them.
- Lizz King, props to you for being neck-down-naked and melting your own face off almost.
ON TO THE PHOTOS!
These are in no order whatsoever (kind of). Please enjoy, and buy me a detachable flash for xmas.
- Whartscape RecapSo Whartscape is here. If you were smart, you saw...
- Countdown to Whartscape 2009: T-1 Weekends | Lo Moda (Peter Quinn)[Audio clip: view full post to listen] MP3: Lo Moda...
- Countdown to Whartscape 2009: T-2 Santa Dads | Polygons | Needle Gun[Audio clip: view full post to listen] MP3: Santa Dads...
- Video: Whartscape 2009Enjoy some excellent video footage shot by N.O. Smith. Check...
- Whartscape 2008 will eat your children…with awesomeness.Oh boy, get your armor on. This is gonna be...